Since 1928, Municipal Electric Utilities of Wisconsin has been the common voice of the state's community-owned electric power providers. Together with our members and allies, we advocate for policies that help to advance the benefits of public power across the state.
- Municipal utilities strongly support Wisconsin’s current utility regulatory model.
- Municipal utilities welcome new technologies like 5G to our communities, and we also prioritize equitable cost recovery, electric reliability and employee safety.
- Municipal utilities strongly support energy efficiency and Focus on Energy.
- Municipal utilities support efforts to expand electric vehicle infrastructure and to continue modernizing the electric grid to meet changing customer expectations.
- Municipal utilities support an “all-of-the- above” approach to power supply and strive to provide safe, reliable, affordable and environmentally responsible electricity to our customers.
> To learn more about our positions, please review this Issue Brief