Municipal Electric Utilities of Wisconsin (MEUW) offers a comprehensive and interactive Job Training and Safety (JT&S) Program for electric lineworkers.
Our program curriculum concentrates on job task effectiveness and safety compliance determined by industry best practices and applicable state/federal regulations. Although our primary focus is on the electric line worker trade, many members find our job training and safety services beneficial to other municipal departments as well.
- Interactive job training and safety training sessions (including annual on-site field visit) focusing on industry specific job tasks and safe work practices.
- Twenty-five training sites conveniently located throughout the state to meet member needs.
- Annual on-site field visits to evaluate work practices and better insure worker safety.
- Tool and equipment inspection and testing with up-to-date, calibrated test equipment.
- Electric industry relevant workshops and seminars to improve employee job task performance and safety best practices.
- Industry specific communications to keep members well-informed.
- Storm/disaster restoration assistance to support members during emergency situations.
- Incident/accident investigation and support assistance upon request.